Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Unit Clerk (2022)
Regular Full Time
Peter Lougheed Centre - At
(PLC) PCU 33 POST-PARTUM
Minimum: 19.62 per hour Maximum: 22.59 per hour
Under limited supervision, the Unit Clerk is responsible for transcribing physicians' orders and performing clerical and receptionist duties for the nursing unit. The Unit Clerk is instrumental in facilitating communication between nursing and other health disciplines, departments, patients and families, and in maintaining confidentiality of patient information. The position is a major asset to the smooth and efficient operation of the nursing unit.
- Grade 12 and completion of a recognized Unit Clerk course or other equivalent program.
- One year’s current experience in a Unit Clerk or related position preferred.
- Previous hospital experience required.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to cope with frequent interruptions and work under pressure within a stressful, demanding and changing environment.
- Medical terminology is essential.
- Maternity/Post Partum experience greatly preferred.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).