Back to Search Print Posting
This Posting is no longer active.
Peter Lougheed Centre
(PLC)PCU 21 SURGICAL SUITE
2013-05-16 Time: 23:59
As Per Rotation
Days, Evenings, Weekends
Minimum: 23.77 per hour Maximum: 28.91 per hour
Under general supervision,of the Unit Manager the Unit Clerk is primarily responsible for:
- Reception duties: The Unit Clerk serves as the point of first contact in matters concerning the efficient administration of the Unit. Nursing and others rely on the Unit Clerk’s knowledge of patient activities and Unit operations.
- Communication of information: The Unit Clerk plays a key role in helping to foster a team environment in the Unit by facilitating communication between nursing and other health disciplines, departments, patients and families and in maintaining confidentiality of patient information.
- A variety of clerical support duties for the Unit.
- Grade 12 or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a recognized Unit Clerk course preferred or equivalent and/or acceptable previous experience.
- Recent OR/Acute Care experience preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with patients,families, and all levels of staff required.
- Excellent time management, communication and multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize workload required.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- OR Manager experience preferred.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed
to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS!
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4)).